Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A good thing?

Have been thinking about this for a while.. & finally decides to do it.. It is an endless pit when one becomes more interested in window shopping in décor and design shops than shoes or clothing stores...  Pathetic... I know..


Scavenging in op-shop, auction houses & dragging my poor hubby along for weekend deals has been the norm these days.

Signs of coming of age? lol


Just came back from Melbourne & discovered some really good independent design shops, industrial vintage & mid-century shops such as Third Drawer Down, Tarlo & Graham, & Three Quarters 20th Century Furnishings.


Three Quarters 20th Century Furnishings holds an amazing collection of second hand Scandinavian & danish designs including fabulously worn leather couches that you'll comfortably indent your bump cheeks into & gorgeous looking screens that's hard to find these days. Owner Glenys & wife Ruby Weigh imports quality mid-century pieces from Scandinavia. Glenys with his wife & children also own three other shops across town, bbold (Carlton), 20th Century Scandinavia(Lygon, Brunswick East) & Le Contraste (Chapel Street). Le Contraste has a different theme of french industrial vintage.  I was admiring the shop front on Sunday when they were closed, so I didn't actually get to see Le Contraste.  The Weigh's homes must be very well decorated, I imagine?


I had my eye on a lovely vintage bus scroll that has "my hood" - Randwick, Coogee Beach, Clovelly & Kensington on it. Would look totally cool in my apartment... Well too bad that my budget doesn't allow it + I later on bought something else in an auction back in Sydney... All to be revealed in my next post!!! So.. Stay tuned!


Did not bring my camera when I was doing the rounds at the stores - will be sure to bring them along next time so there'll be more photos to oggle at in the future... :)

by The Quirky One

1 comment: